Senior Project Manager - November 2018
We're Rheaume, an Alberta-based engineering firm providing high-quality design, drafting, project management, and engineering services to oil and gas clients operating throughout Western Canada. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, technically strong Senior Project Manager.
MAIN DUTIES AND COMPETENCIES
Based in Calgary, the Senior Project Manager reports to the Engineering Manager, and is responsible for overseeing engineering projects, directing the responsibilities and activities of project teams, and following established systems to ensure the quality of engineering. Projects range from well tie-ins, single equipment and compressor installations to small scale oil batteries, NGL liquid handling and brownfield gas plant retrofits.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Ensure overall client program success and maintain positive relationships with clients.
- Program and project reporting at the management level.
- Follow established project management practices to monitor, assess, and report progress within projects.
- Follow established systems and procedures to ensure quality of engineering.
- Coordinate engineering disciplines, design / drafting, clients, vendors, and contractors.
- Manage multiple ongoing facility projects, keeping track of daily progress and associated costs, and implementing cost-control measures to ensure projects are completed within AFE costs and on schedule.
- Mentor less experienced project managers and project engineers.
- Ensure all regulatory applications and standards are met.
- Coordinate HAZOP and design reviews.
- Identify and implement management of change.
- Advise staff on technical issues and provide direction where additional resources and technical expertise are required.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering (Chemical / Mechanical / Civil).
- P.Eng. designation in Alberta.
- 12+ years' experience in engineering and project management in the oil and gas industry.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to lead a multi-disciplinary team.
- Able to influence and negotiate with conflict management experience.
- Strong leadership skills (proven success of leading people, ability to delegate and achieve results through teamwork).
- Occasional travel to site may be required.
We thank you for your interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.