Project Engineer - September 2019
We're Rheaume, an Alberta-based engineering firm providing high quality design, drafting, project management, and engineering services to oil and gas clients operating throughout Western Canada. We do capital projects that include engineering, design, project management, project services, construction management, operations support, and as-building. We also do management of change (MOC) programs, over-pressure protection, and multi-well pads.
MAIN DUTIES AND COMPETENCIES
The project engineer reports to the engineering manager. This key role in our organization works with multi-discipline project teams to carry out various project engineering tasks. Projects range from single equipment and compressor installations to small scale oil batteries, NGL liquid handling, and brownfield gas plant retrofits. This person will have proven, solid technical knowledge complemented by a cooperative spirit within a team environment.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Plan, schedule, coordinate, and conduct the detailed engineering work for a project.
- Coordinate engineering disciplines, drafting, vendors, and contractors.
- Liaise with project managers, clients, vendors, internal staff, etc.
- Estimating, planning/scheduling, progress reporting, cost and schedule control.
- Ensure the technical content within engineering deliverables is of the highest quality.
- Review project execution plans, design basis memorandums, and project reports.
- Advise management on where additional resources and technical expertise is required.
- Identify and manage changes to project scope/cost/schedule.
- Participate in design reviews and HAZOPs with the client and engineering team.
- Manage multiple small client projects simultaneously.
- Ensure all regulatory applications and standards are satisfied.
- Work with other disciplines to develop PFD, P&IDs, site plans, and isometric piping drawings.
- Prepare work packages for field and construction services.
- Provide input into operability, constructability, and operational plant trouble shooting.
- Data gathering and as-building site visits.
- Prepare data sheets, specifications, and RFPs for equipment to be ordered.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or chemical engineering with P.Eng. designation with APEGA.
- 5+ years of experience in technical and project engineering in the oil and gas industry.
- Strong leadership skills
- Able to work with a multi-discipline team.
- Able to influence and negotiate with conflict management experience.
- Occasional travel to site may be required.
We thank you for your interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.