Oil & Gas Designer / Drafter (Grande Prairie) - November 2019
Rheaume Engineering is an Alberta-based oil and gas engineering firm with offices in Grande Prairie and Calgary. We are looking for an experienced junior to intermediate designer based out of our Grande Prairie office. Experience in oil and gas facility design and drafting is an asset.
MAIN DUTIES AND COMPETENCIES
The designer / drafter will report to the drafting lead, and will be responsible for 2D and 3D design and drafting for oil and gas facility engineering project. As a member of the engineering team, the designer / drafter will use 2D and 3D CAD software to prepare technical drawings to effectively communicate design details. The successful candidate will have experience in oil and gas, process piping drafting, reading technical drawings, and problem solving. Candidates must be highly organized, and have excellent communication skills.
- Interface with and support project managers and engineers
- Prepare complete, accurate engineering drawings sets, including 3D models, Plot plans, P&IDs, General arrangements, Equipment layouts, and Isometrics.
- Maintain accurate and organized drawing files within existing file structure
- Manage assigned tasks and deadlines.
- Provide timely and accurate progress updates to project managers and supervisor
KEY EXPECTATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Works independently and efficiently
- Experience with oil and gas well sites and facilities
- Ability to create 2D drawings and 3D models (intermediate)
- Ability to implement designs from concept through construction
- Ability to work on multiple project deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to read, understand, and update project redlines
- 2-7 years of design and drafting experience
- Post-secondary CAD training (EDDT or equivalent)
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, CADWorx, and ProCAD
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Adaptable to fluctuating hours and workloads driven by project needs
We thank you for your interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.