Junior Designer / Drafter - July 2019
Rheaume Engineering is an Alberta-based oil and gas engineering firm with offices in Grande Prairie and Calgary. We are looking for a junior designer based out of our Calgary office on a temporary / casual basis.
MAIN DUTIES AND COMPETENCIES
The designer / drafter will report to the drafting manager, and will be responsible for 2D (and 3D, where applicable) design and drafting for oil and gas facility engineering projects. As a member of the engineering team, the designer / drafter will use 2D and 3D CAD software to prepare technical drawings to effectively communicate design details. The successful candidate will have experience in oil and gas, process piping drafting, reading technical drawings, and problem solving. Candidates must be highly organized, and have excellent communication skills.
- Interface with and support project managers and engineers.
- Prepare complete, accurate engineering drawings sets, including plot plans, P&IDs, general arrangements, equipment layouts, and isometrics.
- Maintain accurate and organized drawing files within existing file structure.
- Manage assigned tasks and deadlines.
- Provide timely and accurate progress updates to project managers and supervisor.
KEY EXPECTATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Work independently and efficiently.
- Experience with oil and gas well sites and facilities
- Ability to create 2D drawings and 3D models
- Ability to implement designs from concept through construction.
- Ability to work on multiple project deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to read, understand, and update project re
- Post-secondary CAD training (EDDT or equivalent) with 5 years of design and drafting experience.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, CADWorx, and ProCAD
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
We thank you for your interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.