EI&C Technician - January 2020
We're Rheaume, an Alberta based engineering firm providing high quality design, drafting, project management, and engineering services to oil and gas clients operating throughout Western Canada. We do capital projects that include engineering, design, project management, project services, construction management, operations support, and as-building. We also do management of change (MOC) programs, overpressure protection, and multi-well pads. Rheaume has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Electrical, Instrumentation and Controls (EI&C) Technician to join our Grande Prairie team.
MAIN DUTIES AND COMPETENCIES
The EI&C Technician reports to the Engineering Manager. This key role in our organization involves both project and technical tasks. Projects range from single equipment and compressor installations to small scale oil batteries, NGL liquid handling, and brownfield gas plant retrofits. The right individual for this position will have proven, solid technical knowledge in gas plant/oil battery operations, instrumentation, and the ability to relay this experience to the engineering team.
- Background in facility and pipeline operations
- Project coordination skills interacting with the project managers, clients, and other disciplines
- Provide electrical, instrumentation and controls input to the DBM, engineering / CAPEX estimate, and schedule
- Work with other disciplines to develop PFD, P&IDs, site plans, and shut down keys
- Provide input into detailed electrical drawings
- Work with mechanical lead to develop equipment package specifications
- Prepare work packages for field and construction services
- Provide input into operability, constructability, and operational plant trouble shooting
- Data gathering and as-building site visits
- Participate in design reviews and HAZOPs with the client and engineering team
- Assist with ensuring regulatory applications and standards are satisfied
- Instrumentation certification or Class 2 Steam Engineering certification
- 5-10 years as an instrumentation technician or steam engineer in the oil and gas industry
- 5-10 years as a maintenance or production supervisor in the oil and gas industry
- 10+ years’ engineering experience in the oil and gas industry
- Leadership and supervision skills and experience
- B31.3 and CSA training
- Construction supervision experience
We thank you for your interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.