EI&C Lead - December 2019
We're Rheaume, an Alberta based engineering firm providing high quality design, drafting, project management, and engineering services to oil and gas clients operating throughout Western Canada. We do capital projects that include engineering, design, project management, project services, construction management, operations support, and as-building. We also do management of change (MOC) programs, overpressure protection, and multi-well pads. Rheaume has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Electrical, Instrumentation and Controls (EI&C) Lead to join our Calgary team.
MAIN DUTIES AND COMPETENCIES
The EI&C Lead reports to the Engineering Manager. This key role in our organization involves both project and technical tasks. Projects range from single equipment and compressor installations to small scale oil batteries, NGL liquid handling, and brownfield gas plant retrofits. The right individual for this position will have proven, solid technical knowledge complemented by a cooperative spirit within a team environment. Leadership skills are key as the goal will be to build EI&C capability around the lead. Longer term the lead will be responsible for building an in-house team, developing specs and standards, and supervise an EI&C department.
- Background in facility and pipeline design
- Project co-ordination skills interacting with the project manager and other discipline leads
- Oversee the detailed electrical, instrumentation and controls engineering work for projects
- Provide electrical, instrumentation and controls input to the DBM, engineering / CAPEX estimate and schedule
- Work with other disciplines to develop PFD, P&IDs, site plans, and shut down keys
- Prepare functional design specification (FDS) when required
- Prepare scope of work for the electrical, instrumentation and controls engineering. The execution of the detailed electrical, instrumentation and controls design for larger projects is currently outsourced
- Oversee the detailed electrical drawings. Stamp and sign drawings that are internally generated
- Work with mechanical lead to develop equipment package specifications
- Prepare work packages for field and construction services
- Provide input into operability, constructability, and operational plant trouble shooting
- Data gathering and as-building site visits
- Ensure the technical content within engineering deliverables is of the highest quality
- Participate in design reviews and HAZOPs with the client and engineering team
- Assist with ensuring regulatory applications and standards are satisfied
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering with P.Eng. designation with APEGA
- 10+ years’ engineering experience in the oil and gas industry
- Leadership and supervision skills and experience
We thank you for your interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.